Providing paralegal and commissioner of oaths services in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) such as Scarborough, Richmond Hill, Markham, North York, Pickering and other areas of the Durham Region. Languages include Chinese: Cantonese, Mandarin and Shanghai Dialect along with English

In Ontario, a landlord who personally requires the rental unit must compensate the tenant

As a landlord, you must give your tenant a notice of termination before you, in good faith, evict your tenant for personal use. Such personal use includes residential occupation by yourself, your spouse, direct family members or caregivers who provided services to you or your family (Section 48 of the Residential Tenancies Act, 2006, SO 2006, c 17).

With effect from 1 September 2017, you must also give your tenant one monthís rent; or offer the tenant another rental unit acceptable to tenant (RTA s. 48.1).

The content on this website provides only an academic overview, and does not constitute legal advice. Specific legal advice should be obtained regarding individualís specific question.

© Sum Lau